Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday

My son installed Skype on my netbook, so we're working on webcam'g and talking over the internet with pictures. I can see my beloved Rambi once we get this set up!!! I miss him so much; the kids and my husband says he's sorta lost, walking around the house aimlessly, sleeping a lot and trying to get anyone to hold him. I'm excited to webcam, that way we can all keep in touch with each other with pictures!

My counts are still very, very low. WBC is 0.3 and despite getting blood yesterday, I have to get another couple of units again today.

For those wondering about my crochet skills -- I put the needle down and decided crocheting is not for me. I think I'll work at watercolor painting or something else. Something thats a bit more immediate vs. doing over a month to get a mouse-scarf.

Last night was a really bad night. My back and right hip were killing me, and despite taking Ambien, Flexeril, Vicodin, and Atarax -- I couldn't relax or sleep. Probably overmedicated, but I ended up wide awake at 2am. The great nursing staff here helped me back into bed and promised if I still couldn't sleep, I could chat with them in their lounge -- but I ended up falling asleep at 3am, and got up at 5 am for vitals, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth! I hope you were able to catch the Purdue game today! Can you believe they are still in it?

    It sounds like you have a great group of people taking care of you! Keep them on their toes! :-)

    You aren't missing anything at work, so keep your mind set on getting well and taking care of yourself for a change so that you can get home to Rambo soon! It would be cool to capture his reaction when he sees and hears you through the web cam.

    Your SMM family misses you, but it's nice to be able to keep in contact. The blog is a great idea but I can't wait until the day I read that you are done with chemo, your counts are up and you are going home!

    John P

    ReplyDelete