Monday, June 7, 2010

Still hanging around....

Well, tomorrow is D-Day for my etoposide, the chemo drug that "knocks me off my feet." The side effects are icky, but should only last for a week or so. My actual stem cell transplant is scheduled for the 11th, so all of this chemo is in preparation for those darn little things.

So far, so good. No terrible side effects other than a headache which just gets worse by the day. Not sure if its the chemo, if its stress, or what its from....but it sure gets uncomfortable. Thankfully they give me IV pain meds to handle it, so it gets better for a couple hours before it gets worse, and then they give me more pain meds. Happy days!

I'm hoping my transplant goes well, and have confidence in the Univ of Chicago and my doctors. The nursing staff is amazing up here, very nice -- it was sort of like coming back home a little bit when I was readmitted.

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment